Random Things and Thoughts

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

  • A few days ago I made Chicken Chile Verde. It turned out really good and looks just like the picture in the link. I decided to make brown rice to go with it and burned rice for the first time EVER. At least it was only the bottom layer. I had so many pots going on the stove that I had forgotten to turn the rice down and I cooked it on high the entire 40 minutes. It smelled a little like slightly burned popcorn. We had peas and corn with it which is what Jason chose as the veggie. Kind of a strange combination, don't you think?
  • I did much better in BodyAttack this week. By better, I mean that I kept up for the most part. There's still one turning move that I just can't quite master. I even did pushups! Yes, they count even if they're done on my knees. 
  • We bought paint for the kitchen. Hooray! Now to figure out when to actually START the project.....
  • It's freaking cold today. What's up with this weather? If it's going to be this miserable, we should at least get some snow. Just saying....
  • Rented A Night At The Museam: Battle of the Smithsonian and it was so-so. It felt like the writers just threw a script together for the heck of it. I'd save your pennies and see something else. Although Hank Azaria's character was pretty funny.
  • Believe it or not, Jason & I are going to two parties in the next two days. We're coming out of our hermit crap shell just a little bit at a time.
  • Finally discovered the local library. I've forgotten my love for books. It's been over a decade since I've been to a library other than a college library. Awesome.
  • Made my stuffed peppers tonight using quinoa instead of brown rice. Jason & I agreed that it was a good substitute worth making again.
  • Other than the gym, I've pretty much spent all day upstairs in the loft watching tv, reading and catching up on blogs. I live an exciting life, yo.
  • We don't really have any Valentine's Day plans. It's a little late to make reservations anywhere and we're trying to be recessionistas right now anyway. :)
  • I really like bullets. A lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP