Happy Blogiversary!

>> Thursday, October 8, 2009

Exactly one year ago today, I put my fingers to the keyboard and started blogging. I can hardly believe I even made it a year! Looking back at my first post, I wanted to start this blog to hold myself accountable for the things I do in my daily life. I think I've fared somewhat well. I've fallen off the map the past month because of my self-induced depression due to my jobless-stay-at-home-wife situation and my now nearly-jobless-stay-at-home-husband situation.

It's been tough. I haven't blogged much about it because I don't like to admit how unhappy I can be at times. But aside from that, there are lots of positives in my life right now. To make myself feel better and just because I feel like it, I'm going to count them:

  1. I have a wonderful husband who loves me more than his truck. Ha!
  2. I have a great family support network that also loves me so, so much.
  3. I have friends that are amazing. Thank God for them or I'd go crazy sometimes.
  4. I have a vehicle that runs great even if the paint job is looking shoddy. I've put all 119,000 miles on my Sunfire myself!
  5. I have a nice home. I may get irritated that it still needs a lot of paint, but it's still a nice home that I love.
  6. I have a decent amount of savings that is keeping my husband & I afloat right now. Sure, it hurts to see the bank account drained slowly, but we are able to pay our bills.
  7. I am still able to make my gym payment and can slowly see the results of my hard work when I look in the mirror.
  8. Even though we have cut back on our spending significantly, we still eat well and healthy every day.
  9. I have a good education.
  10. I still have my Uverse and DVR. That is a blessing when I'm home with nothing to do!
As you can see, I use this blog as my own motivator. Has it made me money? No. Has it made me famous? Most certainly not. Do I intend to become either? Not through this blog!

Although I don't have any special give-a-ways, I do have a request for my blogiversary. I would love to challenge each of my readers to write a similar list of the positives in your life. Let me know you've done so through the comment section. If you're feeling extra sweet, link back to me in your blog. If you don't blog, leave a comment with a positive in your life. I'd love to see how many readers I can actually get to do this!

Thanks again for reading me and I hope the next year brings great things!

1 comments:

Shana October 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Happy Blogiversary! I can't believe it has been a year already. Really?? Time flies!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP