Our first harvest!

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The garden has come along nicely and we finally were able to pick a couple of the zucchini.

They look nice, don't they? But let's see them in comparison with my arm!

They're longer than my forearm! And just let me say that this was a really hard picture to take by myself. Here's a look at our garden today:

The squash and zucchini have taken over the whole thing! Since before, we've braced the tomatoes and the sugar snap peas. Out of two red bell pepper plants, we have one pepper growing so far:

Both pepper plants look kind of sad, but when Jason went back to the store, he said that their plants look the same. I thought something was wrong, but apparently not. Here's the spinach:

It's about the size of the baby spinach that you can buy in stores, but I'm going to let it get bigger. The squash plants are coming along nicely:


The squash plants are a little smaller than I expected, but they bloomed very quickly. They are devoting more of their energy towards growing their fruit, so they haven't grown in size recently. The real stars of the show are the zucchini plants:

Looks a lot like the squash plants until you see the size of those leaves compared to my hand:

They're huge, too! And here's a couple pics of some zucchini that isn't quite ready to be picked yet.


Our green beans are growing quickly and finally have little blooms on them. No beans yet, but when they start, we will have tons of them.

The sugar snap peas are a mystery to us. We don't know what to expect from them and they haven't seemed to grow any bigger recently. Jason put some stakes in so that they wouldn't grow out of control, but.....they haven't.

And finally, we have one tomato growing on a vine.

Hopefully, we'll have more coming soon!

3 comments:

Faith June 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Looks good! I can't believe the size of those zuchinni! They can get big really fast! I just replanted mine so hopefully I'll have some soon as well.

Stephanie June 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Make sure they have lots of room because they've taken over our garden completely!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP