Movie Review

>> Sunday, September 6, 2009

I saw "The Ugly Truth" today with my friend Shana starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler.

Image courtesy of here

Katherine Heigl plays a controlling type-A TV producer that has trouble in the dating world. Gerard Butler plays a sexist pig of a man who claims that men are simple and go for looks only. He winds up working for KH's TV station against her will and yada yada yada. Boy meets girl. Girl falls for other more "perfect" man. Boy likes girl but can't tell her. Girl realizes she's a dumbass and dumps said "perfect" man. And I think we all know where this is ending.

Even though this was a formula kind of movie, I really enjoyed it. The movie was cute and really funny! I laughed quite a bit. However, I would like to offer a word of advice if you are planning to see this movie:

Don't take your 3-year-old to this movie and let them grab someone's seat and play with their hair. It's rude and insensitive to other's feelings and germaphobias. Who knows where that kid's hands have been?!? I'm just saying. I may or may not have been said person.

And now, I'm off with the husband to hang with some friends and drink some glorious wine. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

3 comments:

HealthySDLiving September 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Aww I loved this movie--it was adorable!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

I totally agree with you! Very predictable but still very funny. I want to see that new one that's coming out...I can't remember the name but its where a group of couples go to that "therapy resort" or whatever...Vince Vaughn is in it....

Stephanie September 19, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

I know which movie you're talking about...I want to see it too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP