Workouts

>> Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I switched up my weight workouts a long time ago, but I forgot to post it. I'm having trouble finding motivation to go to the gym every single day now, so I think it's time to switch the formula up. I'm going to try to work on that this weekend so that I can start anew on Monday.

So, this is what I've been doing lately. My old Mondays have become the new Wednesdays and the old Wednesdays are now the new Fridays. For the most part, the weights stay the same when I moved days. I think the only exception are my new Fridays. Sometimes I can't pull off 70lbs on the lat pulldowns, so I drop the weight to somewhere between 60 and 65 to get through a full set of 12-15 reps. The other thing is the bicep curls using the EZ bar. I can't always get through that many sets using the 40lb bar, but I try to do as many as possible.

The new Mondays go as follows:

  • Quadriceps - Squats with 50lb loaded onto the 45lb bar.
  • Hamstrings - Stiff legged dead lifts using a 60lb bar.
  • Calves - Standing calf raises. Loaded 180lb onto the machine.
  • Chest - Bench press using 25lb dumbbells
  • Back - Bent barbell row using 50lb bar
  • Shoulders - Rear delt raises using 12.5lb dumbbells
  • Biceps - Preacher curls using 40lb bar
  • Triceps - Triceps pushdown. Loaded 40lb onto a cable pulley machine.
(If you want to see my progress, here's the old Fridays to compare.)

The preacher curls are KILLER! I don't always make it through the complete set, but I get close. It's a tough one!

I think that I may be overtraining somewhat because sometimes I get very tired. Everything I read says that's probably a sign. Although I do see improvements in my body, I think it needs a new routine to function better. I'll update it as soon as I get it figured out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP