Updates

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

Because I love lists, I'm numbering my updates. No need to thank me. :P

1. First and foremost, I've been feeling under the weather. I keep stalking the "In The Air" portion of the WOAI website to see what the heck is making me sneeze. Unfortunately - or fortunately - it's nothing that I'm officially allergic to. What the heck?

2. In other news, we've gotten the garden planted. With our abundance of 100+ degree weather this summer, our garden suffered a major heat stroke. Even though some of the plants looked okay, they just couldn't produce any fruit. We ended up turning things under and starting anew a few days ago. This year, we put in one cherry and one regular tomato plant, broccoli, cucumbers, 4 different types of squash and carrots. I know that carrots are not typically a South Texas crop, but I thought it would be fun. The four types of squash we planted were acorn, butternut, spaghetti and something I've never heard of. The seeds came in a mixed packet and we are hoping that we planted at least one of each. I guess we won't know until harvest! We also left one of our red bell pepper plants in the ground because it seemed to do well and had several peppers on it. We hadn't gotten a single usable pepper off either plant so we are hoping that it likes the cooler weather better.

3. I tried a new recipe last night for stuffed cabbage rolls that I will not be posting any time soon unless I am begged. Let's just say that although I followed the directions and it came out picture perfect, the flavor combination left a little to be desired. In other words, not too tasteful. It wasn't bad, but it was a lot of work for something that I didn't love.

4. I should have some pictures of our newly remodeled half bath soon! We're waiting on this humidity to go away before we attempt to paint and cut trim. This is exciting news people!

5. Jason took a part-time job in the beverage industry as well. Please wish us luck as he starts this new endeavor.....it's a brand new company with a brand new product. We are VERY excited about it!!!

And that's it, folks. I've got nothing left to say unless you want to hear about my grocery shopping excursions. :)

1 comments:

Faith September 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

I kept up with my little garden all summer - I guess it's a bit easier when they're in containers. In the past two weeks when it finally cooled off they have gone crazy! I think I have 20+ bell peppers growing on the 3 plants and I don't know how many tomatoes. It kind of stinks that the plants just shut down when it gets hot like that, but it's nice to at least get an early harvest and then another late one if they can survive the heat.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP