Pesto!

>> Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've never made homemade pesto before, so it was high time I tried it out! It was so, so yummy! When I asked Jason if he liked it, he said "YES!!!" When I asked him if I should make it again, he replied "Oh hell yes!!!"

I think he liked it.

Disclaimer: Although your mouth make thank you, your thighs probably won't. Sorry. My suggestion would be to eat another helping of pesto pasta to shut them up.


Pesto Sauce
2 cups fresh basil
2 Tbsp pine nuts or walnuts (I used walnuts because that's what I had on hand)
1 Tsp salt
1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Tsp black pepper

Remove basil leaves from stems. Place 1 cup basil leaves, pine nuts/walnuts, salt, olive oil, garlic and pepper in a blender. Process until well mixed. Add remaining basil leaves and parmesan cheese and blend well until the mixture is a smooth puree.

And that's it!

I delicately dumped the basil-y goodness over some swirly pasta and topped it with slices of baked chicken breast and a little extra parmesan cheese. It was delightful!

You could also use it as a marinade for chicken before grilling. You can also refrigerate or freeze it if you think you could wait to eat it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless September 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

YUMMO! I know it's easy, but I never do it and am so jealous of bloggers who do!

Let it Shine September 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

YUM. Will have to try this. I love pesto (always bought it), but I think my husband would be the same way :)

Alyshia

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP