Catching up, part 3

>> Monday, November 16, 2009

On Friday the 6th, Jason & I left to go to Woodsboro to spend the weekend with my family and brother. We went to get diesel for Jason's truck, but the line was soooo long! We put some air in the tires and decided to forfeit the diesel and get some farther down the road. We headed down 1604 (the long way) and as we approached Randolph Air Force Base, we started seeing cars parked on the side of the road. We stopped at a Valero and as Jason turned off the truck, I looked across the highway and saw a huge cloud of dust. As I followed the cloud, I looked up to see 4 old-style planes in the air and they were doing acrobatics! We stopped in time to see several planes practice for an air show on Sunday.

This was the view I saw from just outside the truck as the planes circled back in front of us. If you look at the picture, you'll see dust in front of those buildings. That's the runway right across from us!


I got a lot of the telephone poles in the pictures. I couldn't really get them out of my way and I'm not good having to take pictures quickly under pressure!

See how close they flew to each other?

Scatter!


A great singlet shot!


Here's my first attempt at posting a video here. You can hear how loud the planes were...it was so cool!




This was such an awesome thing to stumble across. My entire family kept asking us where we were and I had to explain that we spent half an hour outside a Valero watching an air show!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP