>> Friday, November 20, 2009
With the weather suddenly turning cooler, I had a craving for soup. This soup was really, really easy to make and it tasted yummy. I actually doubled the recipe below, so that's why the pot looks extra full!
Here's the leeks in low-sodium chicken broth.
Adding in the broccoli.....
Adding in the zucchini (these were leftover from our summer garden):
Adding the fish......
Adding in the spinach and spices....
And we're done! Enjoy!
Winter Vegetable & Fish Soup
~serves 2 generous bowls, 221 calories, 8g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 trans fat, 48mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 10 total carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugar, 28 g protein, 3 mg iron.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 14-0z cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh/frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 8 oz frozen halibut fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (you can use any whitefish; I used orange roughy)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
2. Add broccoli and zucchini and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add fish and simmer until it turns opaque, approximately 3 more minutes.
4. Add spinach and seasonings and simmer for 2 more minutes. Serve. Enjoy!