The wheels on the car go round and round.....

>> Monday, November 10, 2008

I've known for a while that the tires on my car were getting a little old. I received a letter in the mail about a month ago telling me that the valve stems were faulty and caused the tires to lose pressure. Huh. So that's what's been happening the THREE years I've had the tires. So I wasn't crazy when I took my tires back and asked them to check for a leak. (They never found said leak.)

Anyway, on Sunday morning Jason & were about to leave to go visit his parents. Naturally, we planned on taking my car since I get good gas mileage. Apparently, Sunday's not such a good day. We found a bubble on the front tire that was the size of a grapefruit! It was friggin' huge! Let me tell you that Jason & I had driven all over the city earlier that day searching lighting stores. We also went to a housewarming party that was 40 minutes away in each direction.

When we returned from Jason's parent's house that night, the bubble was gone. In its place was a slit that was several inches long. The bubble had burst! I'm glad we weren't there because the noise would've been so loud. I bet it scared the neighbors!!

As most of you may have noticed, car manufacturers have gone el-cheapo and are only putting those temporary tires in cars to use as spares. Since the tire store was closed on Sundays, Jason was going to change the tire on Monday, then I'd meet him for lunch and get all the tires changed out. By the way, the tire store is 13.5 miles away!

Things went as planned this morning. I left the house driving just under 50mph. I had to get on I35S driving like a grandma. People were honking and giving me dirty looks and hand signals. It was the longest drive I think I've ever had to drive! I couldn't breathe until I was able to exit the highway (the highway was 90% of the drive).

Thankfully, we were able to buy 4 new tires and get them put on quickly. Then, Jason & I went to a romantic dinner (ha!) and grocery shopping. What a way to start the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP