What a freaking week......

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

I started my new job this week. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were to be training days. Oh, Tuesday was such a long day. There were five of us in a room learning all about our company's values, our expectations and such. I wondered why I took the time to read the employee rules online beforehand since we went over each one in detail. After sitting in a classroom for 5 and half hours, I was ready to go home. I get so antsy when I'm supposed to sit still!

Wednesday was another training day which wasn't quite so bad. Except for the girl next to me who knew it all. She had worked for the company many years ago and recently came back. Therefore, she felt the need to get ahead of our "teacher" and talk to me while he's talking. It was a tad annoying, but at least I made a friend in another department. That will come in handy one of these days.

Wednesday morning, before I left for work, Jason told me about an email I received the night before. A friend of mine had lost a 5 and a half year-long battle with breast cancer. It was devastating news. My friend was so young. She was always full of life and hope. Her faith was so strong that it inspired me. Twelve years ago, I caught the bouquet at her wedding. Now, she was being laid to rest in that very same church that she got married in. It was such a sad, final moment. I skipped my third day of training (with permission, of course) to go to her memorial. Wednesday and Thursday were pretty rough for me. Seeing a friend leave this world always makes me contemplative. Hug those you love now because you never know what could happen tomorrow.

Friday was my first day in the new job. I think I did pretty good. I still have some on-the-floor training to do, but I didn't do too bad for my first day. I came home feeling kind of yucky and I had feet that hurt so freaking bad! I'm not used to being on my feet all day anymore. Then, I woke up with a bad sinus headache on Saturday. Not good. Luckily, I didn't have to be at work until 3, so I laid around the house and tried to get some rest while Jason and his Dad worked outside on a water line.

I got to work feeling a little better, but definitely not myself. I finally got to meet all the girls in my department and they are all so nice and helpful! From what I hear through the grapevine, I got into a very good department. Thank goodness! Saturday went pretty well, but I came home with two new blisters on my feet. I've got to find some flats to wear to work! I came home sneezing, sniffling, coughing and expecting to fall asleep fast. I got to bed about 11:30 and was still awake at 2am. My darn nose wouldn't stop running, so I couldn't breathe. My throat hurt too bad to sleep with my mouth open. It wasn't such a good night for me.

So here I am on Sunday, my day off, and I feel miserable. Seriously, what the hell? I think I may have to dose up on some Benadryl on top of the Zyrtec I've already taken. I also think a nap is in order for this afternoon. Hopefully, next week is better!


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP