>> Saturday, March 27, 2010
I finally read New Moon. And I watched the movie. And I was disappointed in both. Let's start with the book.
- Bella and Edward are in love, but Edward wants to keep Bella safe so he leaves her alone and leaves town along with the entire Cullen clan.
- Bella then does stupid things like riding motorcycles and cliff-diving so she can hear Edward's voice in her crazy head.
- Bella plays with poor Jacob's emotions by spending time with him and leading him on.
- Oh dear, Jacob is a werewolf. How do these things happen?
- Edward things Bella died, so now he has to go off himself. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't really try to find out the truth himself.
- Bella saves the day and is promised that someday she will become a vampire.
- Edward asks Bella to marry him.
So after reading the book, I decided I would spend a whole dollar at Redbox to rent New Moon. Knowing that the book was pretty lame, I didn't expect much from the movie and I wasn't disappointed. The pluses to this movie are:
- The make-up was much better this time. No overly pasty white vampires.