New Moon

>> Saturday, March 27, 2010

I finally read New Moon. And I watched the movie. And I was disappointed in both. Let's start with the book.

Where do I even begin? When I read Twilight, I was amazed at how much I actually liked the book. I thought it would be kind of young and teenager-y, but it was a quick and interesting read. I couldn't put the book down. New Moon was also a quick read, but it wasn't all that interesting. Let me just summarize the entire book in bullets:
  • Bella and Edward are in love, but Edward wants to keep Bella safe so he leaves her alone and leaves town along with the entire Cullen clan.
  • Bella then does stupid things like riding motorcycles and cliff-diving so she can hear Edward's voice in her crazy head.
  • Bella plays with poor Jacob's emotions by spending time with him and leading him on.
  • Oh dear, Jacob is a werewolf. How do these things happen?
  • Edward things Bella died, so now he has to go off himself. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't really try to find out the truth himself.
  • Bella saves the day and is promised that someday she will become a vampire.
  • Edward asks Bella to marry him.
That's about it folks. There's not a whole lot of content to read in that book. Lame, lame, lame. Edward is absent throughout most of the book. Bella comes off as whiney and weak which is highly annoying. The rest of the Cullen clan is also noticeably absent from the storyline and Victoria makes an appearance. What's annoying is that while Victoria is mentioned, there's nothing more to the story than just that. At the end, Jacob is left hanging and Edward promises to never leave Bella again. Frickin' bite her already dude! Geez, this is getting drawn out.

So after reading the book, I decided I would spend a whole dollar at Redbox to rent New Moon. Knowing that the book was pretty lame, I didn't expect much from the movie and I wasn't disappointed. The pluses to this movie are:
  • The make-up was much better this time. No overly pasty white vampires. 
Oh wait. That's the only plus because the storyline was LAME. This won't stop me from finishing the series, though. I keep hearing that the last two books are better, so I guess I'll put a hold on them in the library. We'll see. Does reviewing the Twilight series make me sound like a reminiscent teenager? I sure don't want to go back to those days..........

4 comments:

Alison Kinsey March 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

A friend let me borrow Twilight and although the writing is really good, I never got into it, and I was up to Chapter 3 I think. Maybe I should pick it up and give it another chance! :)

Stephanie March 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Well, I've found that my feeling about a book can also partially be affected by how I feel that day. If I don't feel like reading, I might not enjoy the book as much. I did like Twilight and I think I read it in just a couple days. But it just may not be your cup of tea. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...I really appreciate it!

Faith March 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

I watched both movies over the weekend. I figured I put myself through the hell of watching the first one I might as well suck it up and see the 2nd. OMG. They were PAINFUL to watch. I hate Bella. I think she's super whiny as well. She's a crappy friend and crappy daughter and she just keeps whining about becoming a freaking vampire already. Ugh. I guess when you're 17/18 whatever is going on at the moment is YOUR ENTIRE LIFE and everything will be forever ruined if it doesn't turn out how you like it, but still. Like I said, really painful to watch.

Stephanie March 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Yeah, the second one was worse. I actually enjoyed reading the first book, but the movie was terrible. Bella has always been whiny, but it got worse the second time around. That part was hard to deal with. I have the third book, so I'll report back later how that one goes.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP