Creep Alert!

>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I have to talk to a lot of customers on a daily basis, which I have absolutely no problem with. It's fairly easy to strike up a small conversation with someone in my type of work environment. However, sometimes it's the customer that catches me off-guard rather than vice versa. Here's what happened:

I was finishing up with another customer and filing away some paperwork when a late 40s-ish man randomly walks up. He's dressed almost too casually in his jeans, flannel shirt (hello! It's 80 degrees outside!) and fishing-type floppy hat for the day. He walks right up to me and says "Hey there!" like he knew me well. I politely said "Hi" because I thought maybe he did know me. Maybe I had sold him something before and my memory failed me. After all, I'm not exactly well-known for remembering names. I thought I'd stick around to see if I could jog my memory. So then he begins talking to me about everything from the weather to politics to global warming. I kid you not. He left no room for me to say a word other than the occasional "uh huh" and "yeah". There was no escape! And then he dropped a bombshell on me:

He said to me, in a distinctly confident way, "You're a natural blonde."

I replied, "Yes.....". I mean, what else am I supposed to say here? Where did this question even COME FROM???

Then he said, "Want to know how I know?"

Oh God, no I don't. I have no idea what the look on my face was. I didn't want to know how this question was going to be answered. Can you guess what I was even THINKING? The first thing that went through my head was that he hadn't seen me naked and he wasn't going to. Gross! After the initial shock in my head, I cautiously asked, "How?"

He simply pointed to his eyebrows, indicating that my eyebrows are naturally blonde and that I hadn't colored them.

Seriously, what the hell? You can't imagine how relieved I was at that point to have another customer ask me for help. After answering that person's questions, I hauled booty to the other side of my department and wouldn't go back until he was gone. Normally I might have called security, but his wife and daughter were in the department and they were normal. (Or so it seemed.) I guess he was bored. Geez, can you say creep alert? I was never so happy to see anyone leave in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP