C25K Week 3 Completed!

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

This week was a hard one. I really fought with my breathing issues a lot this week. On Sunday, I ran indoors because it was really chilly and windy outside. Tuesday I ran outside and had a really rough time. I'm sorry to admit that I cheated. I stopped 30 seconds short on my last 3 minute run. I just couldn't breathe, my legs were giving out and I was pooped. I think that this not only had to do with my exercise-induced asthma, but also the fact that it had been a busy and worrisome week. I ran outside again today, but this time I took my inhaler exactly 15 minutes before walking outside. It did make a difference today! It didn't make running any easier, but I did recover afterward much more quickly. The only negative thing about running this week is that the bottoms of my feet are sore. I'm sure I bruised them a little, but oh well. No pain, no gain, right?

To reward myself, I went to Target and bought some headphones that won't fall out of my ears every 5 seconds and an iPod holder armband-thingie so I won't have to carry it around. That's right people, I've been holding my iPod in one hand, while trying to keep the earbuds in my ears with the other and trying to run at the same time. I upgraded! Unfortunately, when I got home I noticed that the iPod case covers the entire screen so I can't use the touch wheel while it's on my arm. So I'll have to return it tomorrow and find another one that works for me.

On Sunday, I'll begin Week 4 of the C25K training. This week I will start with a 5 minute walk, then:

  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
  • Walk 2 1/2 minutes
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
Afterward, I'll do a 5 minute cooldown walk. This will be a big jump from Week 3, but I have high hopes for myself! Happy running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP