Week with the munchkins, Day 3

>> Monday, August 3, 2009

Poor Hailey woke up coughing terribly Thursday morning. She had been on prescription cough medicine, but it stopped working for her. She was having trouble breathing. She got out of bed at 9, but I had heard her coughing since 8. By 9:15, I had called my sister and planned to take her in to the doctor. I got her in and they prescribed an inhaler and a liquid steroid. Her coughing was starting to get scary because it was constant and she was gasping for air. She wasn't coughing as much at night because we put her to sleep with a vaporizer in her room.

I gave her the inhaler and hoped it would work. She had already told her mommy that she was going to take a nap when she got home from the doctor's office. She was so worn out from coughing. The first round didn't help very much, but when she got the second round 4 hours later, she took a nap and woke up sounding much better.

I made dinner and told both girls that I had a special surprise dessert for them if they were good. Bribery always works and I'm not above it. This is what we had:

Banana "Ice Cream"

First, you freeze several bananas. Always peel them before freezing and it helps to cut them beforehand as well. Put them in a food chopper and add a little milk:

If you're lactose intolerant, just use water or Almond Milk or whatever's appropriate for you. By the way, I got this idea from LovIN My Tummy who pulled it from some raw foodie's blog. I'm by no means a raw foodie, but this sounded so yummy. Anyhoo, blend those bananas and milk until you get this consistency. It may take a few minutes.

Doesn't that look yummy? Just like ice cream, but healthier. Now don't get me wrong, I can EAT some ice cream when the time calls. And none of that fat free/sugar free crap. I eat the real stuff.

We spooned the ice cream into bowls and added some fresh strawberries for more flavor.

And then we added dark chocolate syrup. Yup, I went there. Healthy went out the window.

And it was good. Just see these faces for proof:


And that was the end of a nice day. Hailey's cough was a little better by the time she went to bed. I'm sure the chocolate had something to do with it.

I mean, chocolate cures everything doesn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP