Week with the munchkins Days 4 - 6

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Friday started out slow. Hailey was still coughing so we decided to stay indoors. I forgot all about a bunch of art supplies that I had in a closet and when they were discovered, boredom was soon cured! The girls spent hours in the loft coloring, pasting stickers and cutting. Later that afternoon, we headed out to Becca & TJ's place for dinner. TJ bar-b-qued chicken and sausage and the rest of us brought the sides. We were supposed to take the girls swimming, but since Hailey was still a little sick, I conveniently didn't remind them about it. The girls played surprisingly well with the other little boy at the party, taking turns on the computer games and playing outside. We left pretty late and got them to bed late.

Luckily for me, they slept in late, too. Jason went to Pick and Pull on Saturday to find some parts for his project truck while us girls stayed home. I thought it might be a good idea to get out of the house, so I decided to take them shopping. We first went to Pier 1 since I still have a gift card that I keep forgetting I own. They did okay in there, but Target was a different story. Target started out well, but went downhill quickly. There was the poking, making faces and general sisterly fighting that ensued. They promised me they would behave, so we pressed on through more of the store. I think we went about 10 feet before one of them started pressing themselves in-between the clothes. It was so bad for a while there that I told them that they were going to make Aunt Stephanie cry if they didn't stop fighting. That seemed to work. They followed me silently throughout the rest of the store in fear that my second head would make it's appearance. We agreed that we would make chocolate chip cookies when we got home if they could behave.

They did. We came home and made our cookies with each girl taking turns measuring and stirring. They each got a beater to lick while I put the cookies in the oven waiting to bake. Not long after they had gotten a fresh cookie to try, Hannah gets in a foul mood and takes it out on me. I tried to talk to her, but she wasn't having any of it. She went to her room to go hide under her bed and pout. I then called mom telling her that I now realize why children don't come out of the womb as 7-year-olds and while I was talking to her, a note floats down to me from the second story.

My sweet little 7-year-old Hannah wrote me an apology note and this is what it said:

Sorry I mad at you. I won't do it a gen.
P.S. Hannah

Isn't that cute? Even though my nieces can be real turkeys, they can be equally as sweet. We finished up the night with tacos, a few more cookies and watched "Happily N'Ever After 2."

Sunday was a lazy day. We went to Jason's parents house with the girls since we couldn't meet my sister until around dinnertime. I thought the girls would get bored at their house since there are no toys, but I think they were really tired from fighting sleep the night before. Hannah spent most of the afternoon on the floor watching tv making me believe that she would take a nap. She didn't. Hailey spent the afternoon between the couch and the floor playing quietly with her toys.

Huh? Are these the same children I took to my home a week ago? They were pretty good all afternoon and the hour car ride we had to meet my sis was also pretty quiet. I was sad to see them go, but glad to have a quiet house back.

2 comments:

Shana August 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

So....did this week deter your guys from having kids for the next couple of years? :)

Stephanie August 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Ha ha...there were a couple times, yes. That's why babies come out of the womb as babies and not 7-year-olds!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP