C25K Week 1: Completed!

>> Friday, February 20, 2009

After the rough start of Day 1, I was worried about going into Day 2. I worked out normally on Monday expecting to run on Tuesday. However, Tuesday was cold and wet so I stayed indoors. Instead, I went back to the gym on Wednesday and ran inside. The treadmill was so much easier to me than running outside. I think it is because there's no wind, a steady temperature and no terrain. I decided that I need to do the rest of my running outside, weather permitting, from then on so that I can get used to it.

Today, I decided to run in the neighborhood next to mine since they have much more room and I won't feel as if I'm running in circles. I really liked this place to run much more so than my own neighborhood. There were a few small hills that made it tough, but I made it! I didn't even feel like collapsing on the couch afterward. Did I feel wonderful & exhilarated? No. But, I felt like I accomplished something and that's my real goal anyway.

I start Week 2 of the program on Sunday after a rest day on Saturday. This time I'll start off with another 5 minute walk and then alternate 90 seconds jogging and 2 minutes of walking. I'm gonna do this thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I found your blog after searching Muddy Buddy training and I must tell you I'm in the same boat! I just signed up and I'm actually trying to same Couch to 5K program.

I'll be looking for your blog for motivation. Just know that somewhere out there there is another person who can't breathe after 10 minutes either :) But we can do it! Good luck!

Stephanie February 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! You have no idea how much you just made my day and have given me even more motivation to do this. Good luck to you too....we're in it together! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP