Grilled Sweet Chili Lime Salmon Fillets

>> Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On Monday, I decided that Jason & I should try to eat more fish. Eating chicken all the time is getting so boring and besides, we actually like seafood! I bought some frozen wild-caught salmon fillets, but I couldn't figure out what to do with them. We're fine with eating them plain, but I wanted a way to jazz it up a bit. Who do I call? Mom, of course!

I asked her if dill went with Salmon and she said she thought so. She told me to look up dill sauce on the Internet and try it from there. She usually blackens her salmon, but I didn't have the Cajun seasoning for it. I looked up several recipes online for dill & salmon and decided on one. I went downstairs to pull out the ingredients and......

.....I didn't have any freaking dill. Seriously. Back to square one!

So, I turned over the package that the salmon came in and found this recipe. I even had all the ingredients! So here you go:

Grilled Sweet Chili Lime Salmon Fillets

1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Fresh chopped cilantro
1 Fresh Lime

Mix all ingredients expect the lime onto a flat plate. Coat both sides of the salmon fillets with the mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.

The limes were my lame attempt at garnishing. I'm no Hyper Homemaker, so that's all that can be expected of me. We really liked this recipe, except next time we'll leave the sugar out. I didn't like the sweet/spicy combination, but it's up to you. Even Jason, who doesn't really like overpowering cilantro, thought this was good! And I didn't grill it like the original recipe called for because we don't own a grill. But they were still good in the oven. One final bit of advice:


Don't mess with the cook!!!

1 comments:

Sarah February 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

I think I have the exact same salmon fillets in our freezer (especially if you got them at Whole Foods) - thanks for the recipe, it looks great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP