More birthday happenings

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On Saturday, a group of my friends met to celebrate my life here on this little old planet we call Earth. We celebrated my 30th anniversary of existence. To commemorate this special occasion, my dear friend Sylvia gave me a banner that said "30 & Thrilling" to sport all night.


We had dinner over at La Hacienda which was excellent, of course. Jason collaborated with Shana (read: convinced) to make me a yummy Red Velvet Cake. It was to-freaking-die-for. Thanks for the extra 5lbs I gained trying to finish that sucker off, Shana! Here's Jason trying to cut the cake like the good husband he is:

My brother was able to come into town to celebrate with me (or make fun of me). This was his reaction to my birthday:

But, no worries, because Shana & I were able to bring out the princessy-softer side of him:


I forgot to get a group photo before several of my friends left, so here's who I had left:

After dinner, we went out to Silo North. Upon entering, we headed straight to the bar where a friend bought my first drink. Then, a couple behind us heard it was my birthday (I guess the banner gave it away) and bought me a shot.

And me, who is not good at the shot game, actually had 3 before I'd had enough.

And at the end of the night (which was about midnight since I'm now a little old), my wonderful husband drove me home while my brother made fun of me some more. Here's Jason & I, the "old" 30-something married couple:

A big thanks goes out to all my wonderful friends that came out to celebrate:

  • Jason of course!
  • My brother Houston who drove the longest to see me!
  • Shana, who made a yummy cake that I've been trying to avoid ever since.
  • Sylvia, who thinks I'm not only thrilling, but thriving!!
  • Jessica, who gave me an awesome signature mat to commemorate the night.
  • Stacy & her husband Javier who came even though poor Stace was sick. She's a trooper, I tell you.
  • My cousin Becca & her fiance TJ who are both just plain awesome!
  • My other awesome cousin Kathy, who brought the princess gear my brother sported for all of 30 seconds.
  • Allison, my smartie-pants friend that I miss because she's busy working and writing her dissertation for her phD. (I'm tired just writing that.)
  • Jayme, her husband Jacin and their too adorable son, Shawn! I need to hang out with y'all a lot more! :)
  • Deseere & her husband Dre....so sorry about the cilantro!
  • Shawna, who also got to feeling bad, but thanks for coming!
Thank you all for coming on my day! I couldn't have asked for better buddies!!!

4 comments:

Duelm Family February 4, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

I am glad your 30th was so memorable! I wish we could have made it to your dinner! Turning 30 was HUGE for me too- but I can tell you that it only gets better from there!

leah @maritalbless February 4, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

I'm so jealous! It looks like you had a fantastic birthday!

Faith February 4, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Looks like you had fun! Guess you gave up on having a little party at home huh?

Stephanie February 4, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Yeah, we finally decided that we didn't have enough seating for everyone! But I did have fun!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP