5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

>> Friday, May 1, 2009

Today's a two-fer! That's right, I'm posting TWO recipes today! You should feel special.

If you have an email address, then you've probably gotten the email about the 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. I've gotten it several times and every single time I read it, it makes me want to try it. I have no idea why I haven't, but I thought today should be the day. The recipe is simple enough; the ingredient breakdown is here:

  • 3 Tbsp flour
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 3 Tbsp cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp milk
  • 3 Tbsp oil
  • 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
  • Splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 large coffee mug
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients into the mug and microwave it on high for 3 minutes. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

I put all the ingredients in a 1-cup Pyrex measuring cup just in case my coffee mugs weren't big enough.

I mixed it all together well with a spoon:

Then, I put it in the microwave:

It came out looking like this:

And tasted like this:

Oh wait. You can't taste it. Too bad for you!

I kid, I kid. Actually, the cake turns out pretty heavy, but fairly moist. It tastes like chocolate cake, but it really needed something.

Like yummy chocolate icing.

But there's no microwave mug recipe for that, is there?

All in all, I probably wouldn't make this to satisfy a chocolate craving, but it was a fun experiment regardless!

2 comments:

Denise May 2, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

I read that as I'm sitting here hungry...looks delicious!!

Faith May 3, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I've always wondered how that tasted. Might have to make it now!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP