Monday Workout

>> Monday, May 4, 2009

I finally switched routines after doing the same one for a few months. I should really be switching them up every 4 to 6 weeks, but I just got a little lazy. I had a great workout today and I could really see improvement. I can lift so much more than I could last year. It's so encouraging! I mentioned before that I like weight-lifting more than cardio and today was no exception! I started out my routine with 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. Monday is my heavy day, so I did this weight routine using 6-9 reps (whatever I could squeeze out):

  • Quadriceps - squats using 30lb loaded onto the Smith machine. I may increase this later.
  • Hamstrings - 110lb loaded onto the seated hamstring machine
  • Inner/Outer thighs - Hip Adductor/Abductor - 210lbs for adduction (I maxed that sucker out!!!) and 125lb for abductor (I may drop that, not sure yet) on the scissor machine
  • Calves - 250lb on the Rotary calve machine
  • Chest - Flat back flyes using 15lb dumbbells
  • Back - Loaded 80lbs on the seated cable- pull machine
  • Shoulders - Shoulder extensions using 15lb dumbbells
  • Biceps - Reclined bicep curls using 20lb dumbbells
  • Triceps - Overhead tricep extension using a cable and loaded 40lbs
  • Abs - Hanging leg raises
That made me tired just typing that out! Yikes! I'll post my other workouts each day....good luck to you all, my sisters in iron! (That's what Tosca Reno says)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP