Take care little brother!

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

Yesterday, my brother left for Afghanistan. He's going to do a year tour, but may get to come back in 6 months for a two-week break. With the army, nothing is ever set in stone. My parents drove up to Fort Hood on Tuesday to go to a parent's luncheon and stayed with him until he left.

This is an email that my mom sent last night. I really couldn't come up with better words, so I'm going to reprint her words here.

To my friends and family:

As some of you know
Houston is in the army and deploying. We just got home today after sending him off (along with 2 platoons) to Afghanistan. His plane left here around 1:00 pm so he could be there now. He is an MP. Houston was personally picked to be on the personal safety detail (psd) to the Commander. He will be with the Commander throughout Afghanistan and when the Commander stays put he will be on other missions. Anyway, I am asking you to please say an extra prayer for him and the other soldiers overseas. I wish I could explain how I feel but I can't. It is such a mixture of feelings ranging from pride, to relief, to sadness to happiness(!) to fear. Thanks to all of you for your love, friendship and prayers.

Kathy


The first picture is goofy and it was taken Tuesday at a luncheon for soldiers and their families. The second one was taken this morning around 8:00 am at the gym waiting for the busses to take the soldiers to the airport.



Please keep my brother in your thoughts and prayers. Although we have already spend many holidays without him, it will be especially hard this year since we probably won't even be able to contact him on those days. Thanks for all of your support.

Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP