Cornyval

>> Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This weekend, I went to Cornyval in Helotes with my brother and two of my cousins. Cornyval is a festival that benefits lots of different non-profits. Each food booth was for a different cause. It also has a PRCA rodeo and carnival rides. Basicly, it's an eat-and-drink-beer type of place. I had never been before even though I used to live a couple miles away. It wasn't too crowded and it was more family-oriented. And, in light of the swine flu invading San Antonio, there were plenty of hand-washing stations. Because it's only important to wash your hands when the flu's going around. I digress.

I usually don't buy a lot of knick knacks, but there was one vendor I couldn't pass on. It was a homemade pasta and jelly booth from a company called Shayne Sauce (they take orders online, people!). The food is made right here in San Antonio. Did I mention that I love pasta? And jelly?

I bought the Spinach and Lemon fettuccine:


photo courtesy of Shayne Sauce

I put some regular marinara sauce on this and it was great! The fettuccine cooks in about 3 minutes, so you don't have to wait long. I also bought the Cranberry Cinnamon Jalapeno jelly:



photo courtesy of Shayne Sauce

After I bought my goodies, I decided I was starving. Over the course of the night, I had some beer, a Sprite, sausage on a stick, a jumbo corn dog, a chocolate dipped ice cream bar and bites of anything else that someone bought that I didn't buy. It was awesome! My brother ate a ton. And I mean a TON. The question is not what he ate, it's what didn't he eat?

I got pretty bad pictures of the rodeo; they weren't worth posting here. But we did get some pictures by the end of the night. Here's my cousins, my brother and I showing our true colors:

L to R: Becca, Me, Houston, Kathy

See those grease stains on my shirt? Yeah, that happened when I ate the sausage on a stick, which was really early in the night. It took me awhile to figure out that it was grease and not water, so I ended up walking around looking like white trash the entire night.

My brother was feeling pretty good by the end of the night if you know what I mean (lots of Shiner was involved), so he actually let me jump on him!

I caught Jason looking like a deer in the headlights here:

My brother's giant thumb covered part of the flash, but this is how he & Kathy usually act:

And I also got a picture of Becca with her fiance, TJ:

We had so much fun that I want to go again next year! I don't get to see my brother a lot, so this was especially fun for me!

2 comments:

Faith May 6, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

I've always wanted to make it out to Cornyval. Food on a stick? I'm there!

Stephanie May 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Thanks! Apparently, I'm a messy eater because it was a long time later that I noticed it! Ha ha!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP