No-butter Butter Chicken

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010

This recipe was featured on the Tasty Kitchen blog and it looked delicious. The recipe is called Butter Chicken, but I cleaned the recipe up so it's much healthier. Instead of the 1/4 cup of butter, I used a couple tablespoons of olive oil. I eliminated the heavy cream at the end and I thought it still tasted wonderful. Cream sauces do taste good, but they're super high in fat. I also didn't use the cilantro because Jason's not a fan of it. Jason and I both enjoyed it very much. The recipe is nice and spicy, so if you don't like it spicy, cut down on the cayenne (I almost added more because recipes aren't usually very spicy at all). Here's the pic of the finished product served on top of brown rice along with some steamed veggies from our garden:

 

What's great about this recipe is that it's so easy. You marinate the chicken overnight, then all you have to do the next day is saute onions, add chicken, add tomatoes and sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. Easy peasy! Here's the link to the recipe one more time: Butter Chicken

PS If you go to the store and find that Cardamom is spendy, go to one of the HEB's that sell spices in bulk. I paid a fraction of the cost for it that way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP