Cereal Rant!

>> Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm on a roll tonight! Three, yes three, blogs in one night! See how much of an effect having my kitty home has on me?

Anyway, I went to HEB (our grocery store for you non-Texans) to do my weekly grocery shopping. The store my house is huge. It's four times the size of the one I used to go to. Yet for some reason, they don't carry Jason's & my favorite cereal, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest. The little store carried it, but not the humongous superstore.

Note: if you have not tried this cereal, I urge you to soon. It is not only yummy, but it's also USDA organic and good for you too!

A friend of ours works for the company and told me that all I have to do is request the cereal on their website and they will carry it for me. So, I made my request. To my surprise, within a couple days, the manager gave me a call to let me know that my cereal had arrived and if it wasn't on the shelf to please ask an employee to get it for me from the back. He said that they were supposed to start carrying it in the store anyway.

I then went to HEB and lo and behold, it was on the shelf. Actually, it was on the top of the shelf. Stacked facing down so that you couldn't read the box. Stacked so high that even me, in all my tallness, couldn't get it down without knocking five other boxes down in the process.

But they had my cereal:

The next week, it was in the same place, facing down. The week after that, it was M.I.A. Same goes for the next four weeks.

So today, I was so aggravated that I couldn't find it that I asked an employee to please find it for me. I asked them to please not make me drive to the evil empire that is Wal-mart just to buy cereal.

The HEB employee goes to the back and returns bringing me nothing. Then the grocery manager goes to find my cereal. Again, he comes back empty handed but takes my name and number so that he can reach me if he finds it. Finally, about ten minutes after all this has occurred, the store manager finds me (I suppose I have left a WONDERFUL impression for him to spot me) and tells me that corporate dictates what they carry and that they will not be carrying this cereal. He said that they can always order it just for me and all I have to do is get a store employee to go to the back and fetch it for me.

Wonderful. So I have to waste my time finding a store employee and wait around while they drum up my cereal. So I have this one question for HEB:

Why must you torment me? Why can't you just carry my favorite cereal like Wal-mart and the tiny store by my old house? Why can't you just diversify? I mean, really.....you only carry one Total brand? And it's not even the good cranberry kind? Even CVS carries the Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, but they overcharge! Work with me, people!

That is all. I almost feel better.

4 comments:

Shauna December 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

Ha ha! You must REALLY like that cereal to go to all that trouble! Didn't know you could request stuff, though. Kind of cool.

Stephanie December 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

I do really like that cereal! You must try this stuff!!!

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Organic? Are you American?

Stephanie December 16, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Ha ha! First and foremost it tastes good! Bonus is that it's organic!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP