2008 Wrap-Up

>> Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 was a very busy year for me! Since I started this blog in October, I thought I'd put my year together in pictures (the ones I could come up with anyway).

The year started off promising, with a fantastic kiss to ring in the New Year!

Then, birthdays followed. Stacy & I both turned (gulp!) 29 this year!

In March came Jason's 31st birthday. I made carrot cake again, but the dang icing still wouldn't set! (No one complained, though)

Then came the first wedding. We went to Nicassia's wedding where Jason showed off his engineering abilities with plastic champagne glasses.

I also had an awesome internship at an event planning company. Here are a few of us celebrating with beer after a hard day at work!

In May came Deseere's bachelorette party and wedding! You can spot Deseere easily because she was the queen pimpette of the night. I also graduated from grad school, but I didn't walk the stage so there are no pictures.

Stacy also got married in May and I was honored to be her Maid of Honor. I had the most perfect speech put together in my head, but was too busy to write it down. Of course, I forgot most of it when I opened my mouth.

In the midst of finishing school and going to weddings, Jason & I volunteered in the American Diabetes Tour de Cure. (photo courtesy of Joel Spring, Rx Design) This picture was taken early in the morning.....it was cold and the coffee was a must.

In June, we bought a house!

My parents also bought a new car so that they could save money on the wear, tear and gas on their other car. Wait, did that make sense? I decided it was very important to check how much their trunk could fit. It could accommodate my junk well:

In July, I had my bachelorette party in Austin:

July was the best month of all because Jason & I finally got married!

We had a fabulous honeymoon in St. Lucia:

We tried to hide from everyone for the next few months so that we could get our house together, but somehow we managed to find enough time to act stupid in a bar in Austin.

September brought the first part of the dead tree removal:

October brought Halloween Party Numero Uno and Numero Dos y Tres and also a trip to Port Aransas. Obviously, Jason & John were the life of the party:


November brought Wurstfest antics, Ren Fest and finally, my neice's 8th birthday:

December brought Cassius's health problems, our Christmas tree conundrum and Christmas.

I am so thankful for all of my friends and family that made 2008 a wonderful, busy year! And also the awesome doctors that saved our little guy! Happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Faith January 5, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

So glad I'm not the only one that went to a ton of weddings last year!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP