Ugh.

>> Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm sick. Yesterday, Jason & I headed to my Grandma's for her annual Christmas dinner. Along the way, I started sneezing uncontrollably. Of course, I knew it had to be my arch nemesis, Mountain Cedar.

You see, Mountain Cedar and I have had a long battle. Each year since I have moved here, MC has made my winters miserable. MC causes much sneezing, nose blowing and brings many tears. I have tried many weapons in my 11-year battle including, but not limited to: Kleenex, hot showers, Zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, Benadryl & Flonase. Currently, I'm fighting MC with Nasonex and Astelin.

Clearly, the effectiveness has worn off this year so I found myself in CVS yesterday begging the pharmacist to tell me what else will work. All I could take was Benadryl, which made me look like a drunk at the party, dozing off on the couch after dinner.

So again I find myself wishing that I lived farther south where MC cannot reach me. I don't think there is much more hope for me except to try immunotherapy (shots). But, if that works, I'm going for it. Anyone have success stories? I would love to put the Puffs down......

2 comments:

Jayme December 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

I feel your pain, I dread Mountain Cedar every year. I already had my first sinus infection last week (as you know from our dinner) and when I went to the allergist he gave me this new-ish antihistamine to try. Let me tell you, within an hour my sinuses were clear and now I take it for daily maintainence and don't have any problems. It's called Xyzal and it's sold by persrciption only. Ask your doctor about it and maybe they can give you some free samples first. Good luck.

Stephanie December 23, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

I may have to do that. He gave me a steroid for inflammation and some other pill that will help dry me up since I'm on my way to a sinus infection, too. Oh, the joys of cold weather!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP