Embarrassing public happenings

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jason came home from work today and decided that he wanted to go out to eat. I was fine with that idea. We decided to go to Rudy's, a local BBQ place. I know, I know....we're a classy kind of folk.

Anyway, this is the sort of place where you walk directly to the BBQ cookers/slicers and order from directly from them. They give you a large plastic tray that could hold two turkeys and a ham along with a week's supply of creamed corn. We order and then proceed into the dining room to fill our drinks. Jason is holding the food tray and fills his cup with tea. I'm behind right behind him filling my cup with tea.

Now comes the embarrassing part. Under the drinks are some rubber mats that are meant for drainage in case someone spills their drink. It looks like this, complete with two different sized circles:

Jason has now moved to the table and is setting the food down. I try to turn around, drink in hand, and discover that the heel of my boot is picking up the mat and is caught in the smaller hole. I put my boot back down and try to pick it up again. This time I lose my balance, spill my iced tea all over the napkins in my hands and the floor, and fall backwards onto a long ice "trough" filled with beer and sodas. Of course, there are plenty of people to witness the occurrence, but surprisingly, I heard no snickers. I would've laughed if it weren't me. Thank goodness the ice "trough" stopped my fall or I am afraid that I would have dented the cement floor with my head.

I spent the next 10 minutes at the table unable to function because the fall not only embarrassed me, but it also shook me up. No more high-heeled boots at Rudy's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP