Jason's project truck

>> Sunday, January 4, 2009

Those of you who know me in person have probably heard me mention something about Jason working on his project truck. His project truck is a '55 Chevy truck that he is painstakingly putting together. When we started dating almost 3 years ago, all he had was the cab (no bed), the engine on the floor of the garage and a newer model frame that he needed to custom fit to the truck. To someone inexperienced like me, it looked like a pile of rusted stuff. It was very hard to see how things were going to come together. But, Jason saw potential. He is incredibly happy when he's in the shop with his Dad just trying to figure out where to put things. You will never see a bigger grin on his face. Currently, he's working on patching some side panels so that he can send the truck off to get media blasted. The truck has come a long way in the 3 years since we've been together. It's now sitting on the finished frame with the engine temporarily sitting inside. And there's a bed that is now attached. It's starting to look like a truck!

Today we went to a classic car show in Live Oak. As soon as we walk in the doors Jason said, "There's my truck!" I'm wondering where it is as I can't see a thing. (The height difference allows him to see clear across buildings) We walk over and sure enough, there's a '55 Chevy right there in front of us in finished condition. I thought I would post a couple pictures of the truck so that some of you can get a mental image of what the finished product will look like. It sure helped me out a lot!

Sorry some of the photos are blurry; I didn't realize they were blurry until I downloaded them at home. It was hard to squeeze in-between vehicles to get pictures!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP