A productive day!

>> Tuesday, January 27, 2009

With only 9 days until our ski trip, I decided that I should go shopping for my ski jacket. The problems I have run into thus far are:

A. This is San Antonio and there aren't too many places that sell ski jackets whose prices aren't horribly overinflated.
B. I've never been skiing so I'm not sure if I will like it.
C. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that won't get used a lot.
D. Most ski jackets are ugly.
E. I have monkey arms and most coats aren't made to fit them.

I have been on a quest to find a cute jacket that I will actually like. My husband informs me that cuteness is not a factor on a ski slope because no one cares about how they look. I beg to differ but even if what he says is true, I plan to break that mold. Ha!

A few weeks ago, I tried on a North Face coat and it fit my long monkey arms. Unfortunately, it was $300 which was quite a bit more than I wanted to spend. So I searched eBay high and low, but I couldn't really find a good deal on such short notice. I had already been shopping at Academy and tried on some Columbia coats, but said monkey arm problem reared it's ugly head....and my wrists and a couple inches of my arms. On to today.

For some reason, I decided to stop at Academy again but in a different location. They had a lot more ski jackets and everything ski related turned out to be 30% off! So, I decided to try a Polar Edge jacket and guess what? It fit my monkey arms! Hooray! And to top it off, it wasn't completely ugly. So how much did I pay for this? $70! Not too bad considering it even has a pocket for my iPod and a removable jacket. I think I can live with this for a while. Here's what I bought:

So, I am now almost prepared to leave in 9 days for Colorado. But I'm not done yet people!

The other super productive thing I did today was buy a pair of jeans. I have been looking for quite a while and the problems I discovered have been:

1. I have monkey legs that are generally too long for any pair of pants on the planet.
2. I have an ox butt and a greyhound waist which is an evil combination.
3. This combination usually causes me to throw my arms in the air while kneeling on the floor screaming, "Why?!? Why?!?" Okay, just kidding. That was an exaggeration.

Actually, that was a bald-faced lie. Disclaimer: I like to do that sometimes.


So today I happened to stop over at Nordstrom to check out what they had in stock. I picked up one pair of jeans that looked long and the salesgirl brought me another pair that she thought I might like. I tried on her pair first and they were long! She had given me a pair of Seven jeans bootcut in a long length. She said it was the only Seven jean they carried in the longer length and I fell in love. My booty was contained and my waist was hugged. I took those suckers straight to the register and paid for them without even asking how much they were. Any pair of jeans that I love that much are truly priceless!

Oh, and in case any of you were wondering how I have been feeling, I have been MUCH better. I guess crying to your mom and blogging it out help the blues. I now plan to celebrate with gusto!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP