ATX

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last weekend, Jason & I headed up to Austin to celebrate my friend Shana's birthday. Oh, and to help her move her big, heavy dresser upstairs. And to take away her old bedroom set. Yeah, that's what happens when your husband owns a truck.

Saturday night started out in Driftwood, TX out at the Saltlick BBQ. This place is in the middle of nowhere. Literally. All we saw were trees and pastures on the way out there. Finally, we saw a HUGE parking lot with possibly hundreds of cars in a clearing. A police officer directed us to the line of parked cars.

Now, you know this place must be jumpin' if they hire city police to direct their parking lot.

When we arrived, Shana, who's always the planner, had already made reservations for all 20 of us. Thank goodness. We walked past the 50 or so people that were sitting outside drinking and waiting for a table.

Oh, did I mention that this place was BYOB? AWESOME!

As we walked inside, poor Jason had to duck in many places because of the low ceiling. Luckily, the part that we were in was sufficiently tall. We take our places and immediately started to pour the booze while we waited to order. Jason & I partook in some classic Crown and Coke. (My favorite!)

Since we had such a large group, the food took a long time to come to us. But, one of Shana's clever friend brought her a surprise to pass the time. Jello shots!

And here's the birthday girl attempting to throw the shots at the various party goers. She missed a lot and I don't even think that booze was to blame!

The table behind us was pretty rowdy and I noticed that it was all men. 20-something-year-old men to be exact. This is never good. They were at a bachelor party and were taking hits straight from the bottle of Jack Daniels. Somehow, they talked our fellow party goer, Rich, into joining in. You can see the bachelor table to the right screaming "Chug, chug, chug!"

I was even able to get a shot of Jason downing a jello shot. It's at a really obnoxious angle, but hey, it's my blog, isn't it?


Finally, the food arrived. And not a moment too soon. I was so hungry - as was everyone else - that I downed most of this pretty quickly. Oh, how I love brisket/turkey/potato salad/beans/pickles. But not cole slaw. That's just gross.

After we stuffed our faces, we finally made it to the bars. This is the only picture I had because there just wasn't enough room for cameras and the birthday girl had 10 too many birthday shots. The angle makes me look 3 times more wide than I am, but that's okay. Cropping is still cool.

The end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP