New Workout!

>> Sunday, January 17, 2010

So here's the new line-up for the new year. I'm following a heavy/medium/light format. The first exercise will be at a very heavy weight and I'll do 4-6 reps, resting 2-4 minutes between each rep. The next exercise will be at a medium weight where I'll do 8-12 reps, resting 60-90 seconds between each rep. The last exercise will be done at a lighter weight and I'll do 15-20 reps, resting about 30 seconds between reps. This is going to be a toughie workout, but I'm going to get through it! So, here goes:

Day 1:

  • Squats using the Smith machine (loaded 80lbs on the bar)
  • Lunges using 20 lb Dumbbells
  • Stiff-legged deadlifts using 60lb bar
  • Seated calf raises, loading 90lbs (this will probably go up, though)
Tuesday:
Day 2:

    Chest:
  • Bench Press, 65lbs (2-10lb plates loaded onto 45lb bar)
  • Incline Bench Press using 20lb dumbbells
  • Flat bench flyes using 10lb dumbbells 
    Back:
  • Bent over barbell raise using 60lb barbell (am going to try out 70lb barbell)
  • Cable rows loading 80lbs
  • Lat pulldown loading 55lbs
Day 3:
   
     Biceps:
  • Barbell curl using 40lb barbell (I would LOVE to do the 50, but I'm not there yet)
  • Cable curl set to 25lbs (may be able to increase to 30lbs)
  • Concentration curl using 12.5lb dumbbell
     Triceps:
  • Lying triceps extension using 15lb dumbbells
  • Triceps kickback using 10lb dumbbells (may go to 12.5lbs)
  • Triceps cable pressdown set to 25lbs
Day 4:

     Shoulders:
  • Shoulder presses using 20lb dumbbells
  • Lateral raises using 15lb dumbbells
  • Rear delt raises using 10lb dumbbells (might up it to 12.5lb)
I had a rough week this week and got sick on Friday, so my schedule didn't go as I planned. I got it all in, though! The one thing you'll notice that's missing is abs. I didn't do any this week since I was thrown off my schedule, but I'll update that when I figure out what/when I'll do it. The reason I didn't give specific days is because things happen! I was so sore after my BodyAttack class (which followed the killer legs workout) that I needed to take Wednesday off. I was miserably sick with allergies on Friday, so I stayed in as well. That wasn't my plan, but I still was able to finish my workout schedule by working out on Saturday and Sunday. The plan now is to take Wednesdays and Sundays off, but I won't be stressed if I get things done on the "wrong" day.

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

        © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

      Back to TOP