Ten on Tuesday

>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I took this from Faith's blog, but I think she got it from somewhere else. I don't know. Sue me. I just thought this was a fun survey!


1. Favorite book(s) when you were a child and why?
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Bruce's Loose Tooth, Lamont the Lonely Monster, The Pokey Little Puppy, The Color Kittens, The Little House on the Prairie series, The Chronicles of Narnia and anything Shel Silverstein or Judy Blume. There's really no good reason for liking these; I just did. I read most of these over and over and over as a kid. I'm sure I've forgotten plenty of others as well.


2. First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).
I think it was Little Women. One of my teachers had us read from a huge list of books and that's one that I chose.

3. Favorite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
That's a tough one! The movies are always different than the book...it's never the same. I'm just going to arbitrarily choose The Notebook. The book was absolutely wonderful and the movie was amazing as well.

4. Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
It should come as no surprise that I would choose The Goonies since it's my favorite movie ever. However, I'm not so sure that I really need to know more about it. I think that Gran Torino would have made an interesting book, though.

5. Worst book you’ve ever read?
Is it bad that I have no idea? I'd have to say Blink, even though it was probably a best seller. I had to read it in one of my grad school classes and it just got boring because it's so repetitive. If you read the first chapter, you've read the whole book.

6. Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.
I guess the Harry Potter series. I've seen all the movies, but I've never read the books. I probably should; everyone always says they're so good and I love the movies......

7. If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
I really don't like reading books over and over again. I need lots of room. However, I guess I'd choose the Bible (so I would finally read the whole thing), the Little House on the Prairie series (don't even say how lame I am) and The Other Boleyn Girl.

8. Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
Probably The Other Boleyn Girl. It's just that good and a really interesting read. Jason kept trying to read over my shoulder!

9. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?

Feel good girly stories, but not Harlequin novels. Or chick magazines.

10. What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
I don't think I've read anything that significant. I'd really like to read something that monumental.

1 comments:

Faith January 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

The Goonies! I bet that would be an awesome book! The survey came from Chelsea over at rootsandrings.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP