New Year's Resolutions

>> Saturday, January 2, 2010

I used to always make resolutions, but then I'd forget about them or drop them quickly. Or, I'd make them too hard to achieve. There was always some big goal in mind but I never put in place small goals to reach them. With that in mind, I decided to create some goals for 2010 that I think - and would like - to accomplish.

These goals are simply for my own health and quality of life.

For my health:

  • Continue to work on my strength training. My personal goal is to do shoulder presses using 20lb dumbbells!
  • Work on my endurance through gym classes, cardio and running. Bonus: run a 5K.
  • Make a conscious effort to reduce my sugar intake through sweets and processed foods. (Thank goodness the Christmas cookies are gone!)
  • Plant an organic summer vegetable garden again.
  • Get a physical so I know my exact health statistics!
The financial health goals are absolutely necessary and essential. These are more "musts" than goals.

For my financial health:
  • Jason & I must both get jobs
  • Once we are both employed, live off of Jason's salary. Put all of my earnings into our savings account to rebuild and start to pay down my student loans and mortgage. I'm paving the way to get those monkeys off my back!
  • Continue to prioritize the things that we deem important enough to spend our hard-earned money on. No blowing money unless we deem that purchase important.
Getting to the home health & fun goals will completely depend of the financial goals. Provided they are met, we can continue down the line to those below.

For my home health:
  • The Massive Living Room Project will include: a ton of paint, the wood flooring we have already bought but needs installing, building a hearth for our fireplace, replacing the ugly tile with slate tile on our fireplace and hang up some darn pictures! Bonus = Buying more furniture.
  • The Kitchen: paint, deep clean the tile. Bonus = painting the cabinets
  • The Master Bedroom: paint and hang photographs
  • Bonus: Formulating a plan for the Master Bath
  • Extra Bonus: Attempting some landscaping
For fun:
  • Plan - and go on - another ski trip!
  • Go to a live concert that Jason & I really want to see (not including Texas artists since we've seen them a million times)
  • Visit our friends more often!

1 comments:

Unknown January 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Looks like some great goals for 2010!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP